BBQ Chicken Meatballs
Paleo & Whole30 with Modifications
1lb Ground Chicken
1/2 Cup Grated Smoked Mozzarella Cheese (Omit for Whole30)
1/2 Cup Crushed Pork Rinds (Replace with almond flour to make Whole30 compliant)
1/4 Cup Finely Chopped Red Onion
1 Large Egg
2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
2 tbsp Chopped Fresh Cilantro
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
1/4 tsp Smoked Paprika
2 tbsp Extra-Virgin Olive or Avocado Oil
1/4 cup Noble Made Classic BBQ Sauce, plus additional for serving
- In a large bowl, use your hands to combine the ground chicken, mozzarella, pork rinds, onion, egg, garlic, 1 tablespoon of the cilantro, salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of the meatball mixture into your hands and roll it into a 1- 1/2-inch ball. Set aside on a plate and repeat with the remaining meatball mixture.
- In a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil.
- Working in batches to keep from overcrowding the skillet, place the meatballs in the pan, spacing them about 2 inches from one another. Fry until browned all over and cooked through, about 6 minutes total. Transfer the meatballs to a paper towel–lined plate.
- When you’ve cooked all the meatballs, turn off the heat and drain the remaining oil from the skillet.
- Return the meatballs to the pan and add the Noble Made Classic BBQ Sauce and toss to coat.
- Serve with the remaining 1 tablespoon cilantro sprinkled on top.
Recipe created by Michelle Smith, from The Whole Smiths. Read the full blog post here!