Dairy Free Buffalo Alfredo Sauce
This dairy free buffalo alfredo sauce is made with a base of cashews and buffalo sauce from The New Primal and can make a hearty pasta dish while still being paleo, whole30 and dairy free.
Whole30, Paleo, Vegan, Gluten Free
Prep Time: 3 hours
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 3.5 cups
2 cups Raw Cashews
1 cup Water
½ tsb Garlic Powder
1/8 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- In a large bowl, soak 2 cups of cashews in enough water that is 2 inches above the cashews for at least 3 hours. Cashews will expand to 3 cups, so they need room to do so.
- Rinse and drain cashews and add to a high-speed blender along with water, Noble Made Mild Buffalo Sauce, garlic powder and black pepper.
- Start by pulsing the blender, moving it to a lower speed and then up higher as cashews begin to break down and form a sauce. You may need to use the plunger attachment or add more water to create the desired sauce consistency.
- Remove from blender and heat over medium low heat in a saucepan before using. Since the sauce is made of cashews, it can burn easy, so keep stirring while heating.
- Pour over zucchini noodles, or spaghetti squash noodles and add chicken for a hearty buffalo chicken alfredo pasta!
- Store leftover dairy free buffalo alfredo sauce in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
This recipe was created by Valerie Skinner from the blog Thyme and JOY. See the full post HERE.