Honey BBQ Popcorn Chicken
(Keto, Paleo, Gluten-Free)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30
Yield: 8 servings
2 pounds Chicken Breast, fat trimmed and cut into bite-sized pieces
1 cup Tapioca Flour
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
1 cup Almond Flour
1 cup Noble Made Original BBQ Sauce
1/4 cup Honey
- Prepare the chicken breast by trimming off the fat. Then, cut the chicken into bite-sized "popcorn" pieces.
- Prepare the dredging station by adding 2 eggs to a medium-sized bowl and whisking until beaten. In a separate bowl, add the tapioca flour, salt, and pepper and whisk to combine. In another bowl, pour in the almond flour.
- Prepare for baking by preheating the oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Add the chicken to the egg mixture and gently toss until coated shaking off any excess egg.
- Coat the chicken into the almond flour until fully coated, then add to the prepared baking sheet in a single layer.
- Once all chicken is coated and on the baking sheet, add it to the oven. Bake for 25-30 minutes flipping halfway. The chicken should be golden brown and have an internal temperature of 165F.
- While the chicken is baking, add the Noble Made Original BBQ Sauce and honey to a small saucepan and whisk to combine. Heat over low heat until BBQ sauce is warm.
- Use tongs to add the cooked chicken to a bowl, then pour the honey BBQ sauce on top. Gently toss with a rubber spatula until fully coated in the sauce. Serve hot.
This recipe was created by Valerie Skinner of Thyme and JOY.